Bradenton, Fla - State College of Florida proudly announces Homecoming 2019 celebration activities. Homecoming begins Thursday January 17 and concludes Saturday January 19. Homecoming is open to all fans, alumni, and staff.
The Homecoming festivities begin with the SCF Athletics Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, Thursday, January 17th. The clubhouse of IMG Academy Golf Club serves as the host for the evening. The Hall of Fame is considered to be one of the most prestigious honors which can be bestowed upon an athlete, coach, staff member, or friend of the program. The class of 2019 includes three amazing athletes whose accomplishments were earned as they competed as Lancers.
- Johnny Ard - baseball player -All-Conference and All-State honors in the 1988 season while leading the team to a Suncoast Conference championship. Ard was drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Twins as the 20th overall pick. He was the first junior college player selected in the 1988 draft.
- Stephanie Dumas - women’s basketball player - Won the Suncoast conference in both of her seasons, the Lancers qualified twice for the state tournament. Dumas was named first team All-Conference and second team All-State.
- Clem Freeman - baseball player -Earned All-State awards both years of competition. He led the nation in earned run average (.52) in his sophomore season and was named second team NJCAA All-American Freeman currently holds the SCF baseball record for earned run average (1.04).
For more information and to download the registration brochure, click here.
Friday, January 18th, Homecoming continues on at IMG Academy Golf Club as alumni, friends, families, and Manatees fanatics gather to tee off for in support SCF Athletics. The SCF Golf Classic is a shotgun start at 12:30 pm. The scramble format makes this event fun for golfers of all levels. So pick three friends and sign up today using the online golf registration form. All proceeds support the tradition of excellence that is SCF Manatees Athletics.
Saturday, January 20th, is filled with fun from sun up to sun down. For the first time in the program's history, SCF Tennis will host an alumni tennis match at the SCF Tennis Courts. The alumni will partner with current players for a "mixed" doubles competition. This event is open to the public to spectate and will begin at 10:00 a.m. At 11:00 a.m. attention will shift to the Manatees Softball Field for the annual alumni game. Alumni will play a slow-pitch game to determine alumni supremacy. The final alumni game of the day will take place at Wynn Field at 2:00 p.m. The baseball alumni will square off with the 2019 Manatees.
Alumni who wish to participate should contact the respective head coach. Contact information for all coaches is listed below:
- Tennis – Chloe Murphy, 941-752-5577 or email MurphyC@SCF.edu
- Softball - Mandy Schuerman, 941-752-5576 or email SchuerA@SCF.edu
- Baseball: Tim Hill II, 941-752-5572 or email HillT1@SCF.edu
The final event of the SCF Manatees Homecoming festivities takes place in Hal Chasey Gymnasium. The Manatees basketball team takes on Impact Academy at 4:00. All alumni and their families will receive complimentary admission to the game. Go Manatees!!
If you have any questions about Homecoming, please contact the athletic office at 941-752-5261 or email DeMontL@SCF.edu